May 3, 2011

Original Nativity Scene for 2011 is Under Way

I have had so many ideas following my Nativity scene unveiled this past December and plan to create some other scenes around some of these further reflections and inspiration.  I have sculpted arms, legs, and heads, as well as some animals and everyday tools and vessels.  Much of this was done in anticipation of a scene of the shepherds coming to pay homage to the child as recorded in Luke.  It would be a sensible follow up on last years visit of the Magi.  However I think it will be a less familiar story that is wrapped up in the stories of Jesus birth.  The scene I am intending will be a bit gaudy yet modest in that it will include merely two figures.  The scene will be that of Zachariah in the Temple when the angel Gabriel appears to him and announces that Elizabeth, Long Barren, will have a child.  Making a model of the Temple interior will be fun but it is what I intend for Gabriel that I am most excited about.  I will update as things proceed.  I have been gluing feathers onto a base for wings and they are looking pretty amazing.

No comments: